General Statement of Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of S&J Civils Ltd to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the Health and Safety, and Welfare at work of all employees / sub-contractors and safety of third parties who may be affected by works being undertaking by the company.
Objectives of the Safety Policy
Expanding on the general statement of the safety policy, S&J Civils is committed so far as is reasonable and practical to:-
- The observance of the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other Acts, Regulations and improved codes of practice applicable to the operation of the company.
- The provision and maintenance of Plant that is safe, and without risk to health.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to insure the Health & Safety at Work of all employees / sub-contractors.
- The prevention of injury and impairment of health of all persons affected by the undertaking of the company.
- The adoption of safe working practice and standards.
- Making arrangements for ensuring safety and the absence of risk health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substance.
Involvement of Individual Employees
The company requires all employees / sub-contractors to take reasonable care of the safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions and co-operate with the company in the achievements of the above objectives.
The company will co-operate fully with Safety Representatives and will provide them with sufficient facilities to carry out their function.
Health & Safety Policy Manual
Specific details regarding the organisation structure, the responsibilities of Directors, Managers, Agents and Employees/Sub-contractors and arrangements for ensuring employees/sub-contractors Health and Safety at Work are all included in the company’s Health & Safety policy.
5th Jan 2019