General Statement of Environmental Policy
S&J Civils is one of the leading civil engineering companies in the north of England with a medium sized workforce of around 60 employees/sub-contractors, with many long serving, and all very well experienced in all aspects of civil engineering, Digging, Pipe laying, Back Filling and Reinstating. The company has a fleet of Grab Wagons, Road Sweeper, Hot Boxes and Diggers manually operated machines and tools. The company is well situated with a large car parking areas, modern offices and a fully equipped engineering workshop where all the vehicles, plant and equipment are kept in good order with complete records.
S&J Civils is committed to minimising the Environmental Impact of the company’s activities by constant improvement in environmental performance, and will seek to develop an ethos of environmental responsibility in all its employees/sub-contractors.
The company recognises the responsibility to protect the immediate environment and by exercising proper control over its activities. The company will discourage wasteful or damaging practices.
Accordingly it is the Policy of the company to:-
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and take such additional environmental protection measures as it considers necessary.
- Promote awareness and understanding of environmental issues amongst all employees/sub-contractors and obtain their full co-operation in carrying out the company’s policy. Any issues of concern will be discussed and acted upon.
- Constantly improve the working environment of its employees/sub-contractors.
- Manage and conserve energy and water efficiently.
- Reduce waste of natural resources, promote waste reduction and re-cycling, and through tendering and purchasing procedures, promote sustainable development.
- Regulate all waste production and disposal, and discourage litter, graffiti and noise pollution.
- Avoid the unnecessary use of hazardous materials processes, and the taking of all reasonable steps to prevent damage where such materials are in essential use.
- Aim at eventual accreditation to a nationally or internationally recognised environmental management standards as a benchmark of good environmental practice.
- This policy statement will be reviewed on an annual/or amendment basis.
5th Jan 2019