General Statement of Environmental Policy
It is the policy of S&J Civils to maintain a Quality System designed to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 (or any other standard in line with Annex SL Structure) in its primary objectives, the purpose and the context of the organisation.
S&J Civils are committed to minimising the Environmental impact of the company’s activities by constant improvement in environmental performance, and will seek to develop an ethos of environmental responsibility in all its employees.
The company recognises the responsibility to protect the immediate environment and by exercising proper control over its activities. The company will discourage wasteful or damaging practices.
S&J Civils are committed to minimising the Environmental Impact of the company’s activities by consistent improvement in environmental performance, and seek to develop an ethos of environmental responsibility through all its employees/sub-contractors.
The company recognises its responsibility to protect the immediate environment and by exercising proper control over its activities. The company will discourage wasteful or damaging practices.
Accordingly it is the Policy of the company to:-
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and take such additional environmental protection measures as it considers necessary.
- Promote awareness and understanding of environmental issues amongst all employees/sub-contractors and obtain their full co-operation in carrying out the company’s policy. Any issues of concern will be discussed and acted upon.
- Constantly improve the working environment of its employees/sub-contractors.
- Manage and conserve energy and water efficiently.
- Reduce waste of natural resources, promote waste reduction and re-cycling, and through tendering and purchasing procedures, promote sustainable development.
- Regulate all waste production and disposal, and discourage litter, graffiti and noise pollution.
- Avoid the unnecessary use of hazardous material processes, and the taking of all reasonable steps to prevent damage where such materials are in essential use.
- Maintain accreditation to nationally recognised environmental management standards as a benchmark of good environmental practice.
- Seek to influence our suppliers and contractors through the development and implementation of sustainable procurement policy, and objective of which will require sustainable issues to be considered in the procurement of all goods and service supplied to the company.
- Our workforce will be trained on the effects of the change in any environmental issues that may occur.
- This policy statement will be reviewed annually or on an amendment basis.